Play2Learn conference 2018 – abstracts submission until 4 of November 2017
Join us on November 19 April, 2018
for Play2Learn – The GamiLearning Conference.
This conference is the culminating event for GamiLearning, an international research project funded by the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) in Portugal and supported by the UT-Portugal project at The University of Texas at Austin offers an opportunity for scholars and practitioners to share their research findings and to enrich the dialogue about the role of games in the learning environment.
We are looking for research related to game play and game/media creation in formal and informal learning spaces for a wide range of topics and audiences:
Topics include (not exclusive):
- The Role of Play in Media Education for All
- Pedagogies of Play
- Game Creation for Learning
- Digital Game Creation by Students and 21st Century Literacy
- Game-Based Learning for Children and Youth
- Do It Yourself Media
- The Value of Gamification
- Social Media and Learning
- Youth Media and Learning
- Technologies for Learning through Play
Full Paper submission is optional for accepted abstracts (Deadline: 31 of January 2018). Authors of Best Full papers will be invited to publish on Revista Lusófona de Educação indexed on the following scientific databases:
- BIBLIO SHS
Play2Learn will take place in the venue Forum Picoas and Conference Center in Lisbon on April 19, in partnership with the 2nd International Media Literacy Research Symposium to be held on April 20 in Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian. We hope you can join us!
See more details about deadlines
- Abstract submission: 4 of November 2017 (UTC+00:00)
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 1 of December 2017